Limitation On Liability
LIMITATION ON LIABILITY
- Clay base lamps.
- Any item made of particle board.
- Washers without bolts.
- Antiques that are not certified.
- Items packed in boxes by shippers.
- Anything that requires special packaging or equipment that customer declines
- Items that get dirty when moving.
- Sweat marks and/or dirt marks.
- Oil/ grease spill.
- Chips or dings while towing a vehicle.
- We will not cover floors getting damaged.
- Dings or holes in walls and doors
- Items that have already been broken.
- Potted plants and the branches.
- Any items that may get wet from rain.
- Bull Nose on the steps.
- Washer dryers and refrigerators with the gas lines and water lines that we reconnect. However, we cannot be responsible for any damages that might occur.
- Change in condition or flavor of perishables.
- Loss or damage caused by the shipper, including improper packing.
- Defect or inherent vice of the article, such as susceptibility to atmospheric changes.
- Insects, moths, vermin, ordinary wear and tear, or gradual deterioration
- Mechanical or electrical derangement of musical instruments, electronic components or appliances, if there is no sign of exterior damage.
- Loss or damage caused as a result of any strike, lockout, labor disturbance, riot, civil commotion, or any act of any person or persons taking part in any such occurrence or disorder.
- Hostile or warlike action in time of peace or war.
- Breakage caused by normal handling of china, glassware, bric-a-brac, or other similar items, unless packed by the carrier.
- Remove valuables – important documents, medications, jewelry, items of high sentimental value, electronics, etc...
HOW TO FILE A CLAIM
To file a claim you must:
1. Please send an email with the date of your move as the subject to firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Pictures of the damaged items up close of the damage and a full picture of the item.
3. The year the item was purchased and the amount you paid for the item.
4. Give the make and model of the item.
5. Give the date of your move, the origin and destination.
If the damage is to packed items, you should retain the box, its contents and the packing materials. This is especially important if you did the packing since you will have to show that bad packing was not the cause of the damage. Providing copies of documents such as store receipts for the lost or damaged items and professional estimates for repair will speed the processing of your claim.
Once we receive all of that information we can move forward with your claim. We process the claims once a week in the order that they were received. Please keep in mind we have 30 days to respond to your claim.